Monday, September 10, 2007

Jealousy Is So Yesterday!

August 3rd 2007

Isn’t it amazing how something random can totally change your day, mood, outlook? I have had that experience yesterday. I was on Facebook which is a site which I am by no means addicted; I’m slightly in love with it though. I decided to look up a few people that I wanted to just nosey and see what was going on with them rather than adding them, that sounds quite strange and suspicious doesn’t it? It’ll make sense when you see what happened.

I had found a few people and then re-checked some people that I wanted to look up but they hadn’t signed up as yet. One of them had since. I lost touch with this person a few years ago after the London bombings when they sent me a really vile email after I emailed everyone to check they were ok. We used to be quite inseparable were planning on doing some comedy stuff together and had written some scripts, filmed some stuff. They only have their own show in Soho now don’t they?

In all honesty I was really pleased for them, it did kind of sting though (at least I am big enough to admit all of this) in fact there was no kind of, it stung plain and simple. All these questions started going through my head driving me to distraction. How did they do it? Why haven’t I been as successful as I want to be? My column is really great and I worked hard for it but why can’t I have more success? It was even worse when I saw that it was featured in that very weeks Time Out, naturally I then went and bought the issue.

It was actually so bad last night that Mitch phoned me to discuss COPL and I went into an absolute rant about how I was sick of sitting on my arse and not doing anything (while sat on my arse one my pink inflatable sofa doing nothing remotely worth while other than moaning) and how we should just stop talking and get into action. Mitch has today agreed I was in a very weird mood last night.

Today after sleeping on the whole matter I feel much better, the silly petty feelings have gone and I now have drive. It was what I needed after having been so rubbish lately doing sod all. So now not only am I pleased for the person involved, I am also thankful I needed that kick up the arse!

No comments: