Thursday, March 29, 2007

Saying Goodbye to 24

Friday 23rd March

It’s with slight sadness that I am sitting here on the eve of my 25th Birthday saying a fond (if slightly drunken) farewell to the year that was my 24th and also in a weird way goodbye to my early twenties but I don’t really want to focus on the later. I may suddenly have a quarter of a century life crisis or something!

Relationships - 24 has been a weird year, in mainly good ways. I came out of a three year relationship that I thought would last forever. That relationship slowly died and I thought I would never fall in love again, late in the year I have, and have met someone who I think knows me better than my ex ever did. How times can change.

Family – my Aunty got engaged which is fabulous news. The relations between my uncle and my Gran worsened now a few people in the family aren’t talking. I saw more of my family than normal this last year which was lovely. I spent time in the lakes, time in Derbyshire and time with mum. My relationship with my Mum has much improved; my little brother and sister now think that I am old.

Friends – I have said goodbye to some people in my life I thought were friends. This isn’t a sad thing though; I know it should be but the friends I have kept and the new ones I have made are worth their weight in gold, so I can’t be saddened. I have made some amazing new friends… and a couple of blinding enemies’ hahahahahahahaha!

Holidays – I would have to say that I have not had enough holidays but recently I haven’t been able to afford amazing holidays. I had an awesome time at my mums last year, spent some great time in Derbyshire the best holiday had to be the Lake District, the spa the hills and everything was just amazing – next year Brazil is calling.

Work – My normal job has been good, I have gone on to being Office Manager and from temp to that is quite impressive. In terms of the work I love to do I did possibly the best thing I have done so far yet. I got my own column in a magazine, and by sheer cheek, and sheer soul effort. I am really proud with myself and even if I sound like I am, I’m not blowing my own trumpet, I deserve to be proud.

It doesn’t look like much does it I guess. There are extra little things; seeing Madonna, meeting Melanie C, seeing Kylie in concert oh there are a few other happy and fond memories. I just have a gut feeling that 25 is going to be even better!

Right this drunken boy is off to his bed… well I need my beauty sleep; I’m going to be bloody old tomorrow!

No comments: