Thursday, May 10, 2007

Interpretation of Murder

Tuesday 8th May 2007

So it was book group tonight, and the book we had all been reading was ‘The Interpretation of Murder’ by Jed Rubenfield. KT was in charge, she forgot the bloody questions lol! However we all took it in turn to make one up. I have noticed in book group we all slate the book to death.

I thought the book was good, the ending is a bit of a let down after you have put your effort into the twists and turns of the first 400+ pages but its not a crap book and yet we gave it a hammering when we talked about it. For me it took me back to New York in the early 1900’s totally. I do think sadly it has been slightly over hyped! Richard & Judy’s people do choose cracking reads, the next book we are reading is from there selection this year.

We ate at Ultimate Burger and that and the company was the highlight of the evening! I did somehow manage to offend everyone as some point, unintentionally, and it did make everyone laugh in a slightly nervous ‘but everything is fine and funny… isn’t it’ way. I asked ME why his Mum didn’t live at ‘Daddy’s House’ he replied ‘they got divorced when I was young’ I felt like instant poop! I decided then to ask everyone if the 2.4 children family thing still existed and asked another member ‘what about your parents?’ the reply… ‘no not divorced… my mum died when I was four’. Instant poop two! What is wrong with me, foot in mouth syndrome or what?

We all went book shopping after – thank god for borders and its midnight closing time – the next book was bought in bulk its ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I wasn’t sure at first but after devouring 100 pages in an evening I think I really like it. Night x

No comments: