Friday, May 04, 2007

Losing The Plot & Then Joining In

Yesterday was not a good day I am quite embarrassed. I think the fact I have been cooped up all week and not been sleeping very well has a lot to do with it, the rest is that I am a bit of a grumpy old slag at the moment, and possibly a touch self obsessed and ‘woe is me’. I realised that I had been a bit of a dick when three of my mates phoned me saying ‘was that aimed at me’ and no it wasn’t. I was just being a prick. We all have those days I guess. Yesterday was just a ‘dark day’.

I had a right old rant yesterday, which is not very like me! I do grumble on the odd occasion I admit, but I don’t normally start slagging the world and his wife off. Anyways all is resolved and today I have a positive hat on. I think this is to do with the fact that I slept for about 14 hours and that’s helped, plus I got some fresh air. Plus a HUGE thanks to Helen who gave me a good kick up the arse! My friends are the best (which is what I nearly always write) I just lost the plot a bit yesterday and brought out some dirty laundry that shouldn’t have been aired in public!

So what has today held in store? Well it saw me actually walk out the house (only as far as the end of the road) it felt like I had achieved something. I decided to join the library; it’s not far and will help me save money on books and stuff. It’s also good to use the library; you never know what gems you may find. I actually found a book that I used to read when I was about 11. It’s called ‘The Hounds of the Morrigan’ by Pat O’Shea and I couldn’t remember what it was or who by for the last 14 years and only recognised it by its cover! I was so chuffed, is that sad?

I got three other books, one a recommendation by my Gran. She is actually normally quite good with books though she hated ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ which I was hooked by! The book is ‘The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox’ by Maggie O’Farrell it’s meant to be very good. I also got ‘The Swimming Pool Library’ by Alan Hollinghurst, and a book called ‘The Cello’ by James Riordan. The later is a book for teenagers about homophobia and should be quite an interesting read I reckon. I’ll let you know.

After that I went to the Leisure Centre. I am in no fit state to do anything there but as it was near by I decided I would check out the prices as I want to get fit, both for me personally and for next years ‘Big Day’. I cannot believe how cheap it is. For the spa facilities, gym and swimming its £45 a month! I think once payday arrives and my stitches are out I will be heading down there, it open till 11pm everyday! Plus it’s been done up (I am going to sound like a right snob) some leisure centres can be vile. I didn’t ask if you get free entry to Tooting Lido as I’d like to use that a lot in the summer! It’s the second biggest outdoor pool in Europe.

After that I started to ache, so I quickly nipped in the DVD shop to get something fun. I have ended up with ‘The Hogfather’ that TV adaptation of the Terry Pratchett novel. I am all about the book to film adaptations at the moment! So I think I shall watch that and then get tucked in bed with a good book! Night! X

No comments: