Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Book Crawl

Pollybean and myself had a lovely book shop crawl at lunch. I was in need of 'Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death' by M.C Beaton (thankyou Foyles) and a fabulous sixties edition of Muriel Sparks 'Memento Mori'. The latter proved as illusive in second hand book shops on Charing Cross Road as it has on readitswapit.co.uk and new book stores. Polly then found a very glam version on ebay for 99p. Grabbed it!

Saw Sir Richard Attenborough today on way back. He made me feel happy, sad and reflective all at once. Happy as he is obviously loving old age, dining in fabulous eateries on Charlotte Street, and being driven everywhere in a classic green Rolls. Sad as he looked like an injured Santa, old age is henceforth evil. Reflective because the way things are going old age for me means a house of 78 cats of who's piss I will smell all alone (violins please) with no pension. They will then eat me - the cats not the pension people, though you never know - when I die. Sobering thought hey... ho hum!

No comments: