Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Making 2007 All About Me, Me, Me!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Organised a funeral, ha, that’s a happy way to start. I also got blindfolded around London on a double decker bus. Unusual.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Hopefully someone will be this year though.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, as I am sure you will all know the man who I considered to be like a father (though actually my Granddad) died aged 68 of cancer, and in 7 weeks. Horrid!

4. What countries did you visit?
England, I didn’t go bloody anywhere else.

5. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I would like more freelance work, though that went up at the end of the year. I would like more time with Alex, and I would like to do more random stuff.

6. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 30th – not saying why.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Oh, getting to become the ‘London Office’ of Bent Magazine that was fabulous. Also being there for someone who was very sick and making their time special.

8. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t do as well at staying in touch with some people I would have liked to seen more.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well… I had a big operation on my tackle!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Oh god I don’t know, maybe my new TV and DVD recorder. Oh and my blender, so simple but has changed my life.

11. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
You know who you are! There are several of you.

12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
George Bush – I don’t think I need to elaborate.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, Primark and ticketmaster.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sadly one of the things was the Spice Girls reunion, I was a major fan what can I say. Alice’s wedding was a huge excitement. I love a wedding!

15. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Let Me Think About It – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grande

16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? A mixture for obvious reasons.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the f-ing same which is shoddy.
iii. richer or poorer? Erm at the mo richer, which could soon change lol.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Telling people what I think (both nice and not so), seeing people that I just haven’t managed to but are in the same city!

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being so bloody indecisive. Moaning, I do that too readily.

19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fall more in love everyday.

20. How many one-night stands?
None.

21. What was your favourite TV program of 2007?
Kath and Kim or Most Haunted as ever. Oh and I discovered Suburban Shootout which is a gem.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Quite possibly, though hate is a very strong word.

23. What was the best book you read in 2007?
It was Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It’s now my second favourite book ever.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2007?
Oh now that’s a difficult one. I might not say a band I might just say Zshare as it helps me download lots of new finds. If it had to be music… oh I can’t.

25. What did you want and get?
A Nintendo DS, I haven’t really used it as much as thought I would.

27. What was your favourite film of 2007?
I liked Atonement, but I loved Stardust.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got very drunk and had a fabulous dinner with my mother and friends. Then went clubbing and got glittered. I was 25.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Leaving Milkround and getting a deal after almost quitting six months before.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
A Passion for Primark.

31. What kept you sane?Alex and all my friends, my family drive me the other way.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm, Bruce Willis or Colin Farrell I would say.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything that twat Bush does, oh and Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, who gave a monkey’s?

34. Who did you miss?
Bong.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
Giorgia.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
You should live life to the full as you never know what happens. Stop saying no, yes’ can bring you lots of new experiences and people into your life.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year...
Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone, I hear you call my name, and it feels like home – the old ones are always the best.

No comments: